Software developer and creative with a keen interest in graphics programming, data visualization, procedural generation, installation art, education and open source.
Google Creative Lab (Xpand Group)Creative Technologist / Fiver (2016 – 2017)
11-month contract at the Google Creative Lab in Sydney. The role covered a wide breadth of domains, including but not limited to graphics programming, computer vision, web development, ideation, prototyping and physical computing. Our latest project, a new book for Editions at Play, is complete but due for release in April.
NodeSource is a 100% remote team which specializes in delivering enterprise software products and services with a focus on Node.js and its surrounding ecosystem for clients such as Yahoo, NASA, PayPal, Intuit and Google. Responsibilities included product development, tool development and data visualization using WebGL, node.js, d3.js and React.
Small Multiples Frontend Developer (2013)
Responsible for developing visualizations, tooling and improving Open Source workflow for the team. Clients include the Guardian, Australian Financial Review and Web Directions.
Present Company Web Developer (2012 – 2013)
Present Company is a digital marketing firm with a focus on social media. Handled the development and deployment of sites for clients including Qantas, The Rolling Stones, Red Bull and Semi-Permanent.
Freelance Design & Development (2010 – 2013)
stack.gl2014 – 2016
Open and modular WebGL ecosystem that I maintain with a number of collaborators. This has led to the development of over 200 small libraries, tools, demos and educational resources – including larger projects such as WebGL Workshop, Shader School, glslb.in, glslify, and a chapter in WebGL Insights.
High-level visualization of the npm ecosystem intended to promote NodeSource. Responsible for design, development, analysis and aggregation.
N|Solid is an extension of Node.js that offers additional features useful for large-scale deployments. Worked on the tool's frontend interface, with a particular focus on designing and developing visualisations for performance analysis.
Conference opening titles, rendered realtime in modern evergreen browsers such as Chrome and Firefox.
Bachelor of Design in Photography and Situated Media2010 – 2013
Attended at the University of Technology, Sydney, where study focused on the history, theory and practice of Photography, Installations, User Experience, Data Visualization and Digital Art.
Talks, Workshops and Performances
- 2016: Fragment Foundry at Electrofringe, Sydney
- 2016: Live Audiovisual Performance at CampJS, Sydney
- 2016: "Sculpting Implicit Surfaces" at Computer Graphics on the Web, Melbourne
- 2015: "Bringing npm to Graphics Programming" at SFNode, CampJS and Utrecht JS
- 2015: Live Audiovisual Performance at NodeConf EU, Waterford, Ireland
- 2015: Live Audiovisual Performance at CampJS, Melbourne
- 2015: Node.js Intensive at Gray Area Foundation for the Arts, San Francisco
- 2015: NodeSchool workshop at ITP Camp, New York City
- 2014: Shader School at NodeConf, Marin County
- 2014: WebGL Workshop at CampJS, Queensland
- 2014: Organizer/tutor of NodeSchool Amsterdam
- 2013: "Building Modular Games for the Web" at CampJS, Queensland
- 2013: Assistant Tutor, Interaction-Based Designing at UTS, Sydney